Municipal Plenary Meeting - Birr
Civic Offices, Birr
4th April 2018 at 6:00 pm
It is important that one member of each group attends the PPN MD meeting on behalf of their group.
The Focus of the evening is:
1. Funding Applications
- How to complete the application forms?
- When: The deadlines
- Where: Local /National/ International opportunities
- What else do I need?
2. Do you wish to avail of the following training?
- A. Governance training
- B. Data protection
- C. Email set up/ Social media training
- D. Other training
3. Establishing groups that are representative of specific issue
Examples could include
- Community dev: Clubs, Community groups, Safety & Security
- Social Inclusion: Youth, Disability, Substance abuse
- Environmental: Rivers, Flora & Fauna, Organic Growers.
These groups are essential so as to inform policy in the county.
Currently there are a number of PPN reps who sit on different County Council committees representing the PPN, however they do not have your voices to bring information/issues to & from these tables.
As PPN members it is important that you use the Public Participation Network
- To get your view points across,
- To be part of the decision making process,
- To have a say when Consultations occur
- To devise policy
- To direct policy
Nomination forms will be available on the night and/or can be posted to groups on request.