About the PPN
Collective voice of of community and voluntary sector in Offaly
The PPN is the recognised link through which the local authority connects with the community, voluntary and environmental sectors to facilitate input by the public into local government.
Role of the PPN ?
- To contribute and facilitate opportunities for networking
- To identify issues of collective concern
- To actively support inclusion of socially excluded groups
- To enable public participation in local decision making and planning of services
- To facilitate elections onto decision making bodies
- To support the Local Economic and Community Plan consultation and a strong voice of community on the Local Community Development Committee
- Support individual members of the PPN to participate
The role of Offaly Public Participation Network is to:
• Act as a platform for the groups/organisations engaged in the community, voluntary and environmental sectors in Offaly to develop policy and positions on issues of common concern to the sectors and to communities and to advocate for these policies and positions to be implemented.
• To facilitate and co-ordinate the representation of the community, voluntary and environmental sectors on the Local Community Development Committee, the Strategic Policy Committees, the Joint Policing Committee, other local government and local development bodies and any local, regional, national or international body deemed appropriate by the Offaly PPN.
• To ensure that all community membership to the committees must be sourced through the PPN.
• Actively support the inclusion of socially excluded groups
• Provide access to information and supports and networking
|Diagram.pdf (65.89 KB)|